Boxed In

Who would think that this current situation could happen with modern medicine, communication and high speed travel. But, here we are, staring at one another or hunkering down alone getting to those long lost tasks forever banished to a corner that now reveals itself. I am thankful for my departed wife's attention to the pantry inventory where I have enough Spam, tuna and bean dip for the next two years, chips not withstanding. Further, my skin conditioning is in no danger of advancing any further into advanced senior levels or as my grandson Quinn would say, "No more cracks in the face."

I feel for all of you as well, as you engage your own kind of purgatory of confinement; how to keep everyone busy and wondering how to keep the family sustenance chain going. There was a movie from my childhood that has reappeared recently. It's called "The Day the Earth Stood Still." The situation today has that ring to it.

We have to trust those in charge, at least in this country, to do the right things and this situation resolves in short order with a minimum loss of life.

Many of you enjoyed my daily tomes during Susan's health trials. Some even suggested that I do my creative writing. Well, it is not well known, but I did quite a bit of writing during those long confining days with dear Susan.

In an effort to bring some levity to the current struggle, I'd like to at least weekly send you one of those concoctions that I produced, hopefully brightening up otherwise daily, gloomy lifestyle projections.

The stories are in two general categories of personal and fire department (whose names are changed to protect the innocent).

This weeks story is an life experience I hope none of you have or will have but who knows.


Boxed in,
Les

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not a man to be budged

HOW DO YOU LIKE PLUMBING SO FAR?

Willie goes on a run...